Thursday, May 28, 2009

everybody has one

Because I’m weird, I spent several days pouring over Judge Sotomayor’s writings during her tenure on the U. S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit -- which is two days longer than Geoff Caldwell. After reading his blog (I believe it’s called Caldwell’s Crawl Space), it’s apparent his gravel tossing critique was lifted straight from Hot Air’s grammatically challenged contribution to intellectual numbness.

“I don’t know the woman personally, don’t really care to, don’t need to”, pecks the unabashed Fox News junkie. I’m pretty sure Ms. Sotomayor would share his terse version of “Happy Trails” should they accidentally cross paths. Mentioning her academic pedigree and childhood struggle with diabetes as “compelling”, Caldwell then asks if she is truly qualified to sit on the U. S. Supreme Court -- as if he has a clue. Who are you directing this question to, Geoff? More to the point, who gives a rat’s ass? After you’ve graduated summa cum laude from Princeton and served as editor for the Harvard Law Journal, then you can play legal scholar. Hell, I’d be surprised if you know why Matlock liked hot dogs.

Geoff composes: “Just what exactly is her legal cred? Yes, yes, the White House is touting her as the most ‘experienced’ of any candidate in recent years, but ‘experience’ does not an even handed, justice is blind, jurist make”.

Okay, so everybody is guilty of blogging after sipping a few too many. I believe I just committed an act of empathy.

Juan Don

No comments:

Post a Comment